I feel that I consume a good amount of media because media is everywhere. For example, in the T.V.s, computers, billboards, magazines, ads etc. I see various media in my everyday life, therefore I believe I consume a fair amount of media in my life. Media rarely impacts my life but it does sometimes when I see something interesting or something I like. Now that I am more aware of my media consumption I feel that my opinions on media have really changed and what I watch on television or other types of media I see around me. I also now look at media differently like recognizing the techniques and needs that being shown in commercials. My media consumptions have changed some what but also I haven't been watching too much T.V. lately. Now when I look at commercials I feel that some of them are very invalid and I am not easily tempted to buy their products. I feel that media literacy is important because it is important to know your surroundings of your own life around which also includes media. I also feel that media literacy is important because it gives you a new perspective on T.V. and advertisements around you. It is also important to be an educated consumer because you don't want unnecessary things to be tempted around you.
What I got out of keeping this blog is having more of an awareness towards different kinds of media and getting to know about the commercials that I am familiar with. I also got out of keeping this blog is how commercials actually work and how they are made from making an appeal to the person who is watching it or using a technique to draw that person in buying their product. Overall, I think that learning about media has made me more greatly aware about what is advertised and things that are shown around me. I also have learned more about the world and how media has influenced many people. Learning about media is very interesting, and I hope more people should learn about media because it really questions your outlook on the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment